Cookies are pieces of information that the LOUIS PURPLE website sends to a computer while the individual is browsing the LOUIS PURPLE website. Cookies work in combination with content within the website itself, to capture and remember information. For instance, cookies are used to remember and process the items in a shopping cart.
Cookies may be a session cookie or a persistent cookie which indicates how long the cookie will stay on a device. A persistent cookie is stored on a device for a longer period of time unless this is deleted by the individual before the expiry date. A session cookie will be deleted when an individual end the browser session of LOUIS PURPLE website.
These cookies help LOUIS PURPLE to collect data such as language preferences, webpages visited, time spent on the LOUIS PURPLE website and other web traffic data. LOUIS PURPLE uses this data to improve services, analyse the activities and to personalise the individuals experience. Cookies may allow LOUIS PURPLE to analyse which personalised offers may interest the individual and how the individual interacts with other offers and to understand the use of the individual on other websites.
In certain circumstances LOUIS PURPLE may also collect personal information about the individual but only where the individual voluntarily provides it (e.g. sign up for personalised offers) or where a customer purchase goods or services from LOUIS PURPLE.
There are generally three categories of cookies: ‘Functional’, ‘Analytical’, ‘Marketing’. LOUIS PURPLE uses all three categories of cookies. The individual can find out more about these cookies below.
1. Functional cookies.
These cookies are essential, as they help make the website usable by enabling functions such as for the individual to move around the website. These cookies are required to let the website function. These cookies allow LOUIS PURPLE to remember preferences like preferred language. The data LOUIS PURPLE collects is anonymised and therefore LOUIS PURPLE cannot identify the individual and these are not used to track the browsing activity on other sites or services.
- Cookies who direct the individual to the website channel that is most suitable for the device (mobile/desktop);
= Cookie that ensures no cookie is placed for tracking without consent;
- Cookie that remembers wish lists;
- Cookie that enables the individual to travel through the website and will stay connected to the right web server.
- Keep track of the items stored in the shopping basket;
- Remember information the individual fills in during purchase process;
= Remember preferences such as location, language;
- Reading out browser settings to be able to display our website optimally on your screen;
- Detecting abuse of our website and services, for example by registering a number of failed log-in attempts;
- Offering the possibility to save log-in data so that the individual does not have to enter it every time;
- Making it possible to respond to our website.
2. Analytical cookies.
These cookies allow LOUIS PURPLE to monitor the performance of our website and helps LOUIS PURPLE to understand how the individual interacts with our website. These cookies may be used to allow LOUIS PURPLE to know that the individual has logged in so that LOUIS PURPLE can serve fresher content than a user who has never logged in. LOUIS PURPLE uses analytical services such as google analytics to collect data to analyse trends. The information LOUIS PURPLE collects is done without identifying the individual.
- Cookies to identify trends and perform analysis on how to improve the website (such as google analytics);
- For Google analytics LOUIS PURPLE has anonymised IP addresses, has signed a Data Processing agreement and does not share personal data with third parties.
- To analyse and identify patterns
- To analyse if changes are improvements
- Internal search button on webpage which direct the individual to the right product page
- Internal search button on webpage which direct the individual to the right product page
3. Marketing Cookies.
Third parties may have the ability to place social cookies on the website of LOUIS PURPLE and LOUIS PURPLE may be able to place social cookies on the website and third-party website. Our advertising partners or other third-party partners may use these types of cookies to deliver advertising that is relevant to the interests of individuals. These cookies can remember that a device has visited a site and may also be able to track the device’s browsing activity on other sites or services other than LOUIS PURPLE. This information may be shared with organisations outside LOUIS PURPLE, such as advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver the advertising. Based on the information LOUIS PURPLE collects LOUIS PURPLE is able to send more LOUIS PURPLE offers and is able to advertise on the website and that of third parties based on the interests of the individual. The information LOUIS PURPLE collects is purchase behaviour, which advertisements the individual has seen, how often the individual has seen them and whether the individual buys a product.
On some pages of our website the individual may see advertisements / cookies that are not related to LOUIS PURPLE. When, for example the individual visits Facebook this third party may set their own cookie on the device of the individual and is then able to use our website to set this cookie. LOUIS PURPLE does not have control of the use of these third-party cookies and is not able to access these cookies. Cookies can only be accessed by the party who originally set them. Please check the third-party websites for more information about these cookies. Our third parties are:
Purposes: Marketing/ Social
- Cookie that combines shopping behaviour and when consent is given for newsletters and personalised offers to send personalised offers that might interest the individual;
- Cookie which keeps track on the pages that are visited on our website in order for partner websites to show relevant advertisement.
- Google analytics which measures how the individual uses our website in order for us to help the individual choose the product that best suits the individual. Also, to show offers that might be interesting for the individual.
- Cookie which sees what products are have viewed on our website in order for third parties to offer relevant advertisements.
- To advertise based on the interests of an individual on our website and that of third parties.
The length of time a cookie will stay on a computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies will only stay on a device until the individual stops browsing. Persistent cookies stay on a computer or mobile device until they expire or are deleted.
If an individual wants to delete any cookies that are already on the computer, please refer to the help and support section on the internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please note that LOUIS PURPLE online services cannot always control third-party cookies stored on the machine from our online services and that setting the individual’s cookie preferences with LOUIS PURPLE will not stop those third-party cookies from being stored on the machine. Therefore the individual must manage these cookies directly with the relevant third party. Please see the ‘Type of Cookies’ section for more information.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting the LOUIS PURPLE cookies or disabling future cookies the individual may not be able to access certain areas or features of the LOUIS PURPLE site.
An individual has the ability to request access, restriction, portability, erasure, rectification of your personal data and file a complaint regarding their data subject rights by sending an email to email@example.com. Please make sure the request is specified and provide evidence that it concerns your personal data. LOUIS PURPLE shall respond to the individual within one month of receipt.
An individual has the following rights:
- The right to access the personal data LOUIS PURPLE holds at any time.
- The right to ask LOUIS PURPLE to correct the personal data that is incorrect and to complete incomplete information LOUIS PURPLE holds about you.
- The right to be forgotten and to object and ask LOUIS PURPLE to delete personal data if LOUIS PURPLE has no legal or regulatory obligation to keep personal data.
- The right to restrict personal data.
- The right to ask LOUIS PURPLE to provide a copy of the personal data that LOUIS PURPLE holds about you.
- The right to file a complaint with LOUIS PURPLE or with the Dutch Supervisory Authority.
It may be possible that LOUIS PURPLE shall keep personal data for archiving purposes for exercising the rights and freedom of expression and information, based on a legal obligation, the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority reasons, for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, for archiving purposes in the public interest of scientific, historical research purposes or statistical purposes or for establishment, exercises or defense of legal claims.
LOUIS PURPLE shall communicate rectification or erasure of the personal data with third parties unless it proves impossible or involve disproportionate effort. LOUIS PURPLE shall inform the individual about the third parties.